20.10.15

THIS CITY - MY CITY

Today it seems I find myself figuring out that I have a lot of catching up to do and start fulfilling my needs to update my blog more often. I'm officially on a uni break once more and have yet to decide if I shall continue third trimester or wait until March next year to continue my course. Until then, I like having more time to do what I can. I was all around Melbourne today with my dad and his niece from his brother's wife's side of the family because we are showing her around the city with the little time that she has here. St. Kilda and the general CBD were the destinations with cafe's and galleries for pit stops during our journey. 

I don't find urban landscape series to be quite appealing but there is something about Melbourne that does make you curious. It sure isn't the greatest city in the world but there's a sense of familiarity with every corner, building and laneway that really depicts what Melbourne is truly about. Without a second glance, anyone from here - city strollers, business people, students and passers-by can recognise a street lamp, busker, florist, bridge or structure in a picture without linking it to a certain iconic district. It's a familiarity that we are all accustomed to whether we like this city or not that reminds us where and what home really is. 


2 comments:

Ella said...

These are great photos Blue! I personally love Melbourne and will be really sad when I have to leave haha :)

The Dress Sense said...

amazing photos !