22.8.15

AN ANIMAL KINGDOM

I've introduced my dogs and some of my other pets before and having pets seem to be one of my best conversation starters with people I'm still getting to know. It's fun to watch different reactions from people once they realize that I have more animals than I need where I reside and when I explain that I have some scaly creatures as well. This is Flynn Rider but Flynn for short. He's named after Eugene from the movie Tangled. The only way animals like him should ever be worn is around your neck or wrist, alive. He's much smoother and slender compared to my other fur babies but I have so much respect for him none the less. 2 years ago, I honestly would not have seen myself owning a reptile. They freaked me out and I had negative feelings towards them. Especially snakes. I'm a curious person though and when I come across tonnes of suggested videos which eventually lead up to people and their crazy animal pets, I became fascinated with people who chose to have reptilians to look after rather than a cat or dog. I've since learned to appreciate the beauty of these slithering animals and began to want one for myself. 

Flynn is a Green Tree Python and his kind does not come cheap. The exotic pet trade is illegal here in Australia, but I can't believe this Sorong GTP is something I can have for my own. Snakes like him need quite some high quality care. Although he's actually pretty easy to look after, there were many things I had to consider and risk before I got him. I also had to acquire a wildlife license before I could purchase him and that is not an easy or quick process. It delayed for longer than a month when the breeder and I had exchanged hundreds of emails and was just playing the waiting game. Alas, he was sent to me all carefully packaged. Altogether, there was so much paperwork just to be able to have him as a pet and I don't think I've ever had to do such an amount of work and research for anything like him before. But it was worth it.

His enclosure is a live vivarium and he looks rather pretty being as green and bright as he is. He's nice and had never bitten. In fact, he could be the most shyest Green Tree Python there is, knowing their reputation is actually quite aggressive. A bite by him is enough to make you remember for a lifetime to try and never be bitten by a GTP ever again.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, nike air max, nike roshe, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, nike free run, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, air max, prada outlet, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, jordan pas cher, michael kors pas cher, jordan shoes, christian louboutin uk, tiffany and co, gucci handbags, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, burberry pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, uggs on sale, kate spade outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, replica watches, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, christian louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, nike air max uk, vans pas cher, nike roshe run uk, kate spade, michael kors, ray ban uk, timberland pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, coach outlet, north face uk, coach purses, true religion outlet, burberry outlet, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, lululemon canada, nike blazer pas cher, replica handbags, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, sac hermes, true religion outlet, guess pas cher, michael kors outlet online, new balance, ray ban pas cher, nike free uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike tn, michael kors, coach outlet store online, hollister pas cher, hollister uk, hogan outlet, michael kors outlet, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet online

oakleyses said...

insanity workout, iphone cases, nfl jerseys, ralph lauren, new balance shoes, iphone 6 plus cases, hermes belt, north face outlet, longchamp uk, wedding dresses, nike air max, ipad cases, beats by dre, celine handbags, instyler, reebok outlet, baseball bats, iphone 5s cases, giuseppe zanotti outlet, mcm handbags, iphone 6s plus cases, oakley, chi flat iron, asics running shoes, ghd hair, timberland boots, valentino shoes, louboutin, herve leger, jimmy choo outlet, lululemon, nike huaraches, hollister clothing, hollister, nike trainers uk, abercrombie and fitch, iphone 6s cases, p90x workout, iphone 6 cases, nike roshe run, vans outlet, ferragamo shoes, mac cosmetics, s6 case, bottega veneta, mont blanc pens, north face outlet, soccer shoes, soccer jerseys, babyliss

oakleyses said...

ugg uk, doudoune moncler, moncler, moncler outlet, supra shoes, barbour uk, swarovski crystal, barbour, canada goose, louis vuitton, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, toms shoes, canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg pas cher, moncler uk, karen millen uk, montre pas cher, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, moncler, pandora uk, converse outlet, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, lancel, gucci, nike air max, hollister, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, coach outlet, converse, ray ban, ugg, moncler, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, swarovski, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose jackets, replica watches, canada goose outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, hollister, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia