14.7.15

THE ZOO

I've been waiting a while to visit the Melbourne Zoo and today my mum and I took a trip there. I get free entry to all Victorian zoos and the only one I've really been to is the Werribee Open Range Zoo. 


It's always nice to spend the day with my mum somewhere besides being at home watching movies, not that that isn't awesome because it totally is. The Zoo was so much better this time round compared to when I was 14 and on a school excursion in the rain. I have to say though, I never thought in a million years prior to having owned a reptilian my favourite part of the zoo would be the reptile house. I felt like a kid nagging my mum to come check out the coolest animal through the window. I got to see a blood python,  reticulated python, king rattlesnake and a tokay gecko all of which I never thought I'd ever see for myself in my whole life. I even got to see what my own little gecko would look like once she becomes full grown. Remind me to mention her again in another post sometimes. Zoo experiences are still truly one of the best for both children and adults as I really feel they reach out about the importance of our fellow inhabitants from all walks, slithers and swimmers of life.