19.2.14

Priceline Mini Haul

I've probably haven't done a haul since way back in the day when I tried Youtube as a creative outlet but I since either became busy or too conscious about the way I spoke to really continue anything on my old channel. For weeks (or months) now, I've realised that I'm quickly running out of a few things that I often use for my skincare/face/hair. Today came the day that I would have to make sure I bought all those things at once. I was compelled to show you what I bought since I only ever buy a product at a time  -when I've actually emptied my own. I've been super lazy with my skincare routine as of recent since there was no where to go most weeks and I don't see people too often but of course, my skin suffered for that. However, my routine would be a post for another day. I went to Priceline and bought exactly all I was out on and I'll list them below from left/top-bottom to right.
  • Rimmel London Scandal Eyes eyeshadow stick/crayon $12.95 - this along with the lipsticks weren't on the list of things to buy but rather things that I've secretly wanted since last year and I haven't had the courage or willingness to buy them but today seemed like that day I should. This was more for my classic cateye's that I often wear and I finally bought it and I swatched it on my hand in-store and it's nicely pigmented with a bit of a nice give for subtlety.
  • St Ives Body Lotion Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract $8.99  - I'm not particularly fussed when it comes to my lotions just as long as they keep my skin moisturised the whole day. I particularly find that lotions that come on silky are the ones that are usually the best kind and aren't sticky which this was as soon as I tried it on -not to mention, the scent of it is creamy and just divine. 
  • Olay moisturising cream $12.39 - I've been using this for years now because it's perfect for my face. It keeps me moisturised for the whole day as I'm a combination of dry and oily skin.  I also use it before I sleep as well so I end up with a soft face in the morning. I highly recommend this to people with normal to combination skin but I'm not too sure about oily skin. 
  • Savvy by DB kohl eyeliner $4.99 - I've been out of a kohl liner for probably 6 months now? I'm not sure. I'm not too fussed with them either just as long as they're black and Savvy is highly underrated as everything they have is heavily pigmented and doesn't come off easily and is super inexpensive. Although I've never tried their foundations so I can't speak for those.
  • Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Cutting Edge (120) $9.95 - I never buy lipsticks solely due to the fact that I'm too scared of the wrong colour for my skin tone and just wasting all that money. In fact, my first lipstick I bought was only last year and it's a pinkish nude from Rimmel by Kate Moss in 07 which surprisingly didn't turn out very bad or washed me out and it has a nice creme finish. I still use it from time to time but since then I've acquired the perfect red lipstick for myself by MAC which is the infamous Ruby Woo. It's beautiful and once again, it isn't the wrong shade. Ever since then, I've just been thinking of all the shades that I want like browns, burgundies and corals. This one in particular is a rather vampish burgundy. It's dark and I tried it on before buying it. I love this colour and the finish is also nice and creamy but just like Ruby Woo, it's so bold that I'm just going to accumulate all my wanted shades until I'm brave enough to wear them. But I most likely will be making a post on my MAC one soon.

* Realises this post got longer than expected*

  • Savvy by DB lipstick in Rich Coffee $4.99 - I know I found my perfect nude but I had been wanting a go-to lipstick in browns that I could wear everyday. I've eyed this one out for quite some time with the same reason as I'm just self-conscious about wearing a lipstick everyday. This one is a shade darker than my natural lip colour and it is perfectly subtle. I actually really love this one so much that I decided to wear it as soon as I got home.
  • Pantene Pro-V Always Smooth Shampoo $5.00 - Mum never condoned buying Pantene because it was evil... or something like that. Trust me, she's not coocoo. My hair doesn't like using the same shampoo and conditioner all the time but it does love this one in particular so I was rebel enough to buy it again. 
  • Head & Shoulders itchy scalp care conditioner $6.75 - if you know me, then you know that I'm an itchy person. The one thing I wake up to is myself scratching my itchy head and admittedly, Head & Shoulders helps calm that down.
  • St Ives Apricot Scrub $3.49 - I've also used this scrub for years because I love how intense the micro beads or (actual) sand? is on my skin, taking all my dead skin away after I use this on my face. I concentrate this only my drier areas and I highly recommend this to people with very dry-prone skin.
Gosh, I know this is a long post for something that's merely even a haul and I don't use expensive products because these seem to work just fine. Perhaps some of the things I've mentioned could have helped but I hope it wasn't all boring for you.

No comments: