8.7.10

My House Would Look Something Like These

My dream house.

Sometimes I like to picture where I'd live and what it would look like. I've figured out that my first house will not be set to the modern world, well not yet anyways. The coloured scheme I've had in mind would be warm earthy colours like oranges, reds, yellows, browns, peaches nudes with a little hint of pastel colours lying around. I would love to live in a house of brick and timber, it'll always feel like a home to me. My own. Of course I would like to share it with someone on day, but that's beyond what the future holds. I wouldn't want to live in a house, maybe an apartment or a studio...I would much prefer that. Antique lampshades, picture frames, Chandeliers and homemade decor would be set up not just for my liking, but for guests to appreciate.
I love to read, and I'd like to keep a collection of books that I've read so I can have a library, although something like this would exaggerate my anthology of novels. But my, it would be nice to have a library.
These are the rooms that I've always dreamed would look like when I was a child. The mystical and whimsy themes make me dream of my childhood all over again. Hiding in my room because I felt it was the safest place in the world. My world.

All images by The Chocolate Brigade

7 comments:

Brenda Nepomuceno said...

I'm dying for pics #5 and #8... So absurdly beautiful!!!

jess said...

wow i want a library like that too!

Francesca said...

your blog is awesome! I found it through Chictopia, let me know if you want to do a guest post on my blog!

Abi said...

These are such beautiful spaces. I would love to live in a loft with lots of lighting decorated in a similar way to these here. Especially #3 and 5

http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

Abi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Blue Iris. Do come by more often ;)

http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

Gosh, having a home like that it may be cost too much, but it's oh so gorgeous!

Marie-louise said...

wow, inspirating photo's for dreamhouses!